- 1 14 oz package frozen puff pastry thawed according to package directions
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled Stilton cheese
- 1 tsp honey additional for garnish
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme additional for garnish
- coarse ground black pepper
Lay defrosted puff pastry on a work surface. Sprinkle topping of choice evenly over all. Roll up tightly widthwise and wrap in wax paper. Freeze for an hour or more to set and make slicing easier. Slice evenly into approximately 28 rounds. Keep chilled or frozen until ready to bake.
Preheat oven to 375 and bake pastries on a greased or parchment lined baking sheet for 15-20 minutes or until deep golden brown. Serve with additional garnish
Roll up your fillings and keep them tightly wrapped in the freezer for up to 1 month before your party. Perfect to keep on hand for drop-in guests too! Feel free to get creative with alternate fillings for these - think parmesan & prosciutto, ham & gruyere, pecans withanother blue cheese, or even chopped chocolate and sea salt for a sweet twist. For a palmiere-style look, just roll both sides of the pastry towards the center.