Pizza Bites w Zucchini & Pepperoni
Please the kiddos and the grown-ups at your table with these fun, tasty pizza bites. A bit of roasted zucchini adds nutrients while pepperoni keeps the meat eaters happy. Try them as an easy-breezy lunch or a low key dinner any night of the week!
- 1 small zucchini cut diagonally into 12 ¼” thick slices
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt
- ¼ cup bottled marinara sauce
- ¼ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 5 slices turkey pepperoni chopped
- Optional: red pepper flakes and dried oregano for garnish
- Preheat broiler and line a baking sheet with foil and a rack.
- Coat both sides of zucchini slices with cooking spray and season with garlic salt. Place on a rack and broil for 5 minutes or until fork tender.
- Top each with 1 tsp sauce and 1 tsp cheese. Sprinkle pepperoni evenly across all.
- Return to broiler for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly.
- Garnish with optional red pepper flakes and oregano before serving.