Pesto Spring Vegetable Soup
This take on classic French soupe aux légumes is finished with a bright and herbal pesto swirl. It's a fresh, scrumptious way to take advantage of spring's bounty – from your garden or the local farmers’ market!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups diced leeks from 3 large leeks, white and light green parts only
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 32 oz low fat low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup peas fresh or frozen
- 1 19 oz can cannellini beans drained & rinsed
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes drained
- 4 tsp prepared or homemade pesto
- Heat oil in a large soup pot. Add leeks, celery, and carrots and sprinkle with 1 tsp kosher salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for approximately 10 minutes (or until vegetables begin to soften).
- Add garlic, stir to combine, and cook for 1 additional minute. Add chicken broth, increase heat to high, and bring to a boil. Add zucchini, peas, beans, and tomatoes. Cook for an additional 10 minutes so flavors can meld. Ladle soup into bowls and swirl ½ tsp pesto into each when ready to serve.
Calories: 1078kcal | Carbohydrates: 184g | Protein: 69g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 2546mg | Potassium: 3325mg | Fiber: 48g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 541.6% | Vitamin C: 187.7% | Calcium: 80.1% | Iron: 141.4%