Penne Marinara w Baked Turkey Meatballs
This super simple to toss together dinner is sneakily healthy thanks to baked turkey meatballs. Whip up a double batch over the weekend and freeze half for a busy weeknight supper.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup fine-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp no-salt Italian seasoning or other Italian dried herbs
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 box penne
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray-covered foil.
- Combine turkey, breadcrumbs, cheese, egg, Italian seasoning, and salt in a large bowl. Using a tablespoon to scoop, gently shape mixture into 24, 1 ½” meatballs. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in oven for approximately 15 minutes, shaking pan every 5 minutes to promote even browning.
- While meatballs are cooking, heat marinara sauce in a medium saucepan. When meatballs are lightly browned and cooked through, remove from the oven and stir them into sauce to coat and keep warm.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and serve topped with meatballs and sauce.