Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Ice Box Cake
This super simple, incredibly tasty dessert will have them screaming, "More please!" after every meal. An updated take on a retro favorite, this recipe uses fluffy peanut butter whipped cream and delicious cookie layers in this impressive-seeming, make-ahead, no-bake treat.
Servings: 9 servings
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 36 chocolate wafer cookies such as Nabisco “Famous Chocolate Wafers”
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with plastic wrap. Use an electric or stand mixer to combine peanut butter, confectioner's sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add heavy cream and vanilla and whisk on low until mixture is incorporated and begins to thicken. Slowly increase speed until peanut butter whipped cream has soft peaks. Spread a thin 1 cup layer on bottom and sides of lined pan.
- Place 9 cookies in pan (3x3).Spread with a thin layer of peanut butter whipped cream until just covered. Sprinkle 2 TB mini chips evenly over layer. Repeat with another 2 layers of cookies, peanut butter whipped cream, and chips.Finish with a 4th layer of cookies and a layer of peanut butter whipped cream (no chips).
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and press down lightly. Store cake and remaining peanut butter whipped cream in refrigerator overnight. When ready to serve, remove plastic wrap, place a large platter on top of the pan, and flip over to un-mold cake. Remove the plastic wrap that was lining the pan and spread remaining frosting over the surface of the cake. Garnish with remaining mini chips and keep chilled until ready to serve.