Peachy Keen Whiskey Sours
The classic whiskey sour gets a modern twist with the flavors of ginger and peach. Fresh juice and infused simple syrup are the key to making this delicious cocktail that's a perfect toast to a warm summer evening.
Servings: 8 drinks
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tbs finely minced ginger
- 1 cup fresh squeeze lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh peach juice or bottled peach nectar
- 2 cups bourbon whiskey
- 8 pieces crystallized ginger
- 8 maraschino cherries
- 8 toothpicks
- Combine water, sugar, and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and chill well. Ginger syrup will keep in the fridge for several weeks.
- When ready to serve combine lemon juice, peach juice, whiskey and 1 cupginger syrup in a pitcher.
- Serve in high ball glasses over ice and garnish each with a toothpick skewered with 1 piece crystallized ginger and 1 cherry.
Use a microplane to finely grate the ginger or to speed prep you can use bottled minced ginger. If you like you can strain the syrup through a sieve to remove ginger pieces but I enjoy the extra spice it gives to the final cocktail when you leave it in.