Oven-Fried Tempura Veggies w Wasabi Soy
Avoid heavy and often greasy tempura batter with our so-simple oven fry technique instead! Crispy panko lends an incredible coating to a mix of veggies, perfect for a drizzle of our Wasabi Soy Sauce.
Servings: 4 servings
- 5 cups mixed vegetables carrot sticks, 1 ½” broccoli florets, green beans, asparagus spears, button mushrooms
- 2 TB flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup panko
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- cooking spray
Wasabi Soy Sauce
- 2 TB low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 3/4 tsp wasabi paste
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic minced
- chopped scallions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place vegetables and flour in a large zippered baggie and shake well.
- Combine panko and salt in a shallow dish. Dip each veggie in egg, then coat in panko and place on prepared baking sheet, leaving room between (if necessary, use a 2nd baking sheet).
- Spray lightly with cooking spray and bake for 15 minutes or until well browned. Let cool slightly.
- Whisk together all dipping sauce ingredients and serve.
Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 1080mg | Potassium: 541mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 232.2% | Vitamin C: 29.2% | Calcium: 9% | Iron: 19%