Oven Coconut Shrimp with Orange-Chili Dip
Lighten up your favorite fried appetizer by pre-toasting a mixture of unsweetened coconut and panko for the perfect oven-fried crunch. These crispy little bites are absolutely addictive with sweet and spicy dipping sauce.
Servings: 6 servings
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 lb large peeled deveined shrimp
- 3 TB low sugar orange marmalade
- 3 TB Thai chili sauce
- 1 TB lime juice
- pinch salt and red pepper flakes
- Optional chopped scallions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a standard baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine coconut and panko in a shallow bowl. Heat coconut oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add coconut mixture and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly, until lightly browned.
- Stir in salt and curry powder and return to shallow bowl. Beat egg in a medium bowl, add shrimp, and toss to coat. Dredge shrimp in coconut mixture and place on prepared pan.
- Bake shrimp for 10 minutes or until firm and cooked through. While shrimp cook, whisk together dipping sauce ingredients. Serve shrimp with sauce.