Orzo Salad with Watermelon & Feta
This fresh take on pasta salad gets its delicious blend of flavors from sweet, juicy watermelon and tangy feta cheese. It's a perfect side for your summer barbecue.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 cups seedless watermelon – medium diced
- ½ cup light feta cheese – crumbled
- 1 TB good quality extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh basil – thinly sliced
- Fill a large saucepan ¾ full with salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in orzo, return to boil, and cook for 8-10 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Allow to drain completely. Toss orzo with remaining ingredients, seasoning with salt and several grinds of black pepper.
Calories: 972kcal | Carbohydrates: 138g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 849mg | Potassium: 756mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 53.6% | Vitamin C: 32.5% | Calcium: 44.4% | Iron: 19.7%