Open Faced Turkey Sandwich
Make great use of Thanksgiving leftovers with these amazing hot turkey sandwiches. Make the topping ahead of time to speed prep even more!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 lb shredded roast turkey or julienned deli turkey
- 1 cup bottled fat free turkey gravy
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary minced
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2/3 cup frozen baby peas defrosted
- 8 slices light whole wheat bread
- 1 tbsp leaf parsley minced
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Cook onions for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned and only slightly soft. Fold in turkey, gravy, rosemary, pepper, and peas and cook until heated through, approximately 2 more minutes.
- Toast bread and pile turkey mixture on top of each. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.