Open Faced Sandwiches with Garlic, Mozzarella & Sage
These savory little treats make a great light lunch and are super tasty with my Butternut Squash Bisque. Try cutting each toast into sticks for dunking heaven!
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 slices light Italian bread
- Olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp chopped fresh sage
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees. Spray both sides of bread lightly with cooking spray. Season with garlic salt.
- Spread each toast with ¼ tsp garlic, top with 3 TB mozzarella and 1 TB parmesan. Toast sandwich for 2-3 minutes or until cheeses are full melted. Garnish with sage and serve immediately.