One Pot Cider Braised Chicken-Apple Sandwiches
This delicious dish is a hit with the whole family, and since it's mostly hands-off, you'll love it more than anyone! Frozen chicken breasts along with a handful of other ingredients in your slow cooker make for an easy, awesome meal any night of the week!
Servings: 8 sandwiches
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1 1/2 tsp grainy mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 8 slices American cheese
- 8 multi-grain sandwich thins
- Place apples and onions in bottom of slow cooker. Top with chicken breasts. Whisk together cider, mustard, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Use two forks to shred chicken breasts. Stir in cider vinegar and rosemary, season to taste.
- Serve on sandwich thins, topped with a slice of American cheese.
Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 802mg | Potassium: 50mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 4% | Vitamin C: 0.2% | Calcium: 22.1% | Iron: 1.1%