One Pan, Cider-Glazed Pork w Sweet Potato and Shallots
This crowd-pleasing, easy, one pot supper is speedy enough for weeknights but special enough to serve to guests too! A tender and juicy pork loin is served nestled with roasted sweet potato, shallots, and sage with a delicate cider glaze for a flavor combination everyone will love. (This recipe serves 8 but can easily be halved -it's also just 7 SP on myWW Blue or Green plans & 5 SP on Purple!)
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 lb boneless pork loin trimmed of fat
- 2 1/2 tsp kosher salt divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 TB olive oil
- 6 shallots large, thinly sliced
- 3 cups Granny Smith apples peeled and sliced
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 TB fresh sage additional for garnish
- 3/4 tsp allspice
- 2 TB cider vinegar
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 TB butter unsalted
- chives chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pat pork dry and season with 1 ½ tsp salt and pepper.
- Toss shallots (or red onion), sweet potato, apple, garlic, sage, remaining 1 tsp kosher salt, and allspice in a large bowl. Drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil and toss to coat.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp olive oil in a large oven safe skillet over high heat. Sear pork on all sides, approximately 3-4 mins per side.
- Nestle vegetables and apples around pork and roast in oven for 30-35 minutes or until pork registers 145 degrees at the center.
- Remove vegetables to a serving platter and pork to a carving board.
- Place pan on the stovetop over medium heat, add cider vinegar to pan and cook for 1 minute, scraping up browned bits.
- Add apple cider, increase heat to high, and boil to reduce to a thick, syrupy texture. Swirl in butter.
- Carve pork into 16 even slices and place on top of vegetables. Drizzle cider glaze evenly over pork slices and serve garnished with chopped sage and chives.
Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 1247mg | Potassium: 596mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 6.9mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 0.9mg