Oatmeal Cinnamon Whole Wheat Pancakes
These nutty pancakes get a punch of fiber from whole wheat flour and oats. They're super tasty plain, or you can dress them up with syrup or fresh fruit ... or both!
- 1 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp table salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large uncooked eggs
- 2 TB packed dark brown sugar
- 1 TB butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 sprays cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oats, both flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, sugar, melted butter and vanilla extract. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients; fold to just combine.
- Coat a large nonstick griddle or pan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Spoon batter into pan in batches using 1/3-cup batter for each pancake; cook until lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove pancakes to a tray in a warm oven and repeat with remaining ingredients (being careful not to spray cooking spray into open flame).
- Yields 2 pancakes per serving.
Calories: 451kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 792mg | Potassium: 408mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 8.1% | Calcium: 18.7% | Iron: 21.3%