Mushroom & Goat Cheese Quesadillas with Chipotle Crema
Chipotle crema lends a spicy kick to these delicious quesadillas, while sautéed mushrooms provide a rich, meaty bite.
- Extra virgin olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup minced shallots
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 jalapeño minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2 tsp minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 4 7" whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat. Sauté shallots, mushrooms, jalapeño, oregano and kosher salt for 5-10 minutes or until veggies have softened. Stir together sour cream, chipotle peppers, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Arrange tortillas on a flat work surface and spread each with 1 TB sour cream mixture.
- Top each with ¼ veggie mixture and 2 TB goat cheese. Fold over and press to close. Wipe out skillet and coat with nonstick spray. Heat over medium high heat and cook quesadillas for 3-4 minutes per side or until lightly toasted and cheese has melted.