Mini Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Hazelnut Frosting
A bit of vanilla yogurt in the batter makes these muffins super moist and fluffy. Rich hazelnut spread adds a rich and creamy frosting finish.
Servings: 24 servings
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 TB melted butter
- 1 TB reduced fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 3/4 cup fat free whipped topping
- 3 TB chocolate hazelnut spread such as Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a small bowl. Whisk together yogurt, egg, lemon extract, sugar, vanilla extract, and melted butter in a large bowl. Fold dry ingredients into wet until just combined.
- Coat a 24 mini muffin pan with cooking spray or line with mini cupcake liners. Spoon 1 heaping TB batter into each and bake for 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool. Use an electric mixer to combine cream cheese and chocolate hazelnut spread. Mix in whipped topping until combined. Frost cupcakes and chill until ready to serve.
The frosting looks beautiful piped on top of the cupcakes. Just let it chill a bit to firm up first.
Calories: 1944kcal | Carbohydrates: 315g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 58g | Saturated Fat: 45g | Cholesterol: 223mg | Sodium: 3491mg | Potassium: 1533mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 204g | Vitamin A: 17.6% | Vitamin C: 5.5% | Calcium: 77.4% | Iron: 64.6%