Mini Chocolate Cherry Cheesecakes
Decadent, delicious mini cheesecakes get a makeover with Greek yogurt, a sweet cherry-chocolate topping, and a fudgy chocolate cookie crust. Plus, they're made with lowfat yogurt and light cream cheese so this dessert doesn’t have to be a “special occasion only” treat!
Servings: 12 mini cheesecakes
- 1/3 cup crushed chocolate graham crackers 2 large sheets
- 2/3 cup plus 2 TB low-fat Greek yogurt separated
- 8 oz light cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 10 oz bag frozen cherries
- 1 TB sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- pinch salt
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 oz dark chocolate shaved
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a 12 muffin pan with paper liners.
- Pulse crackers in a mini chop (or crush in a sealed baggie) to a fine crumb. Toss with 2 TB yogurt. Use the back of a spoon to press cookie crumbs into the bottom of each liner.
- Beat together remaining yogurt, cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract. Spoon evenly into muffin cups and bake for 15-20 mins or until top is set. Let cool and chill.
To Make Topping
- Combine cherries, sugar, lemon juice, and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and use a potato masher to lightly crush cherries.
- Combine cornstarch with 2 tsp cold water and stir into cherry mixture until thick. Cool cherry topping completely before using (may be made up to 1 day ahead).
- Serve each cheesecake topped with a heaping TB of cherry topping and chocolate shavings.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 121mg | Potassium: 78mg | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 3% | Vitamin C: 0.2% | Calcium: 5% | Iron: 3%