Mini Bourbon-Spice Sweet Potato Gratins
These adorable sweet potato gratins are a deliciously spiced, perfectly tasty twist on an old staple. Serve them as sides or as a sweet treat after dinner. Browned mini marshmallows on top make them simply irresistible!
Servings: 12 gratins
- 6 large sweet potatoes ~ 4lb
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoons bourbon
- 2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup mini marshmallows ~94 marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub sweet potatoes, pierce several times with a fork, and wrap individually in foil.
- Place on baking sheet in oven and roast for approximately 60 minutes or until soft.
- Let cool.
- Remove foil and cut lengthwise through skin, scoop out flesh and place in a large bowl (discard skins or reserve for another use).
- Use an immersion blender or hand mixer to combine potatoes, cream, bourbon, sugar, salt, spices until smooth.
- Spoon ~ 1/2 cup of puree into each of 12 ramekins.
- Top each with 7 mini marshmallows.
- When ready to serve, place ramekins on a baking sheet in a 400 degree oven until purée is warmed through and marshmallows are softened and lightly browned (~5-10 minutes).
Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 476mg | Potassium: 513mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 430.6% | Vitamin C: 4.4% | Calcium: 5.2% | Iron: 5.2%