Mini Beefsteak Tomato Gratins with Panko Topping
Use up juicy summer tomatoes in this easy, delicious side. Garlic and butter give panko extra flavor and a quick trip under the broiler gives it the perfect crunch. Try them with everything from grilled chicken to steak!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 large ripe beefsteak tomatoes sliced ¼” thick
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2/3 cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Optional minced scallion or basil for garnish
- Preheat broiler to low and line a baking pan with foil.Arrange tomato slices in a single layer. Melt butter over medium heat in a small sauté pan, add panko and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring often, until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and stir in garlic and cheese.Top tomatoes with panko mixture and broil for 3-5 minutes until browned and tomatoes are slightly softened.Garnish and serve warm.