Mini Apple Pie Parfaits
Like a personal, upside down apple pie, delicious cooked apple, top light ice cream and are covered with a crunchy cookie topping. It's the perfect dessert for fall!
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 large granny smith apples peeled and diced (6 cups)
- 2 tbs dark brown sugar
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch allspice
- Pinch table salt
- 3 cups light vanilla ice cream
- 18 vanilla wafer cookies crushed
- Toss apples with sugar, water, lemon juice, cinnamon, allspice, and salt in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until apples are softened and sauce has thickened. Let cool slightly.
- Spoon ½ cup ice cream into each bowl, top with 1/3 cup pie topping and sprinkle all evenly with cookie crumbs.
Apple pie topping can be made up to 2 days ahead.