Mexican Veggie Soup w Salsa Verde
Garlic, cumin and chili powder invoke the flavors of Mexican cooking in this yummy, healthy, savory soup. Homemade salsa verde adds the perfect topping for this dish that'll keep them coming back for more!
Servings: 8 servings
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups diced onion
- 1 orange bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 small zucchini diced
- 1 15 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup salsa verde
- ½ cup fat free Greek yogurt
- Coat a large soup pot with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add onion, peppers, and salt and cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring often, until crisp-tender.
- Stir in garlic, cumin, chili powder, and pepper and cook for 1 minute. Add zucchini, tomatoes, and chicken broth.
- Increase heat to high to bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 5-8 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- When ready to serve, stir in cilantro and garnish with salsa verde and yogurt.
Calories: 74kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 929mg | Potassium: 468mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 22.2% | Vitamin C: 88% | Calcium: 6.6% | Iron: 7.9%