Mexican Jicama Salad with Clementines
Scrumptious on fish or pork tacos, this crisp, refreshing salad is super easy to make. And, if you dice the clementines and jicama a little smaller, you can also use it as a delicious dip for baked tortilla chips.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups coarsely chopped clementine sections ~12 clementines
- 2 cups peeled and diced jicama
- ½ cup red onion minced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and minced
- 1/3 cup cilantro minced
- 3 TB lime juice
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Combine clementines, jicama, onion, jalapeño, and cilantro in a medium sized bowl. Whisk together lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, honey, and salt. Pour over, toss to combine, and serve.
This dish can be made several days in advance. The jicama retains its crunch nicely!
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 1179mg | Potassium: 704mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 11.3% | Vitamin C: 189.4% | Calcium: 7.6% | Iron: 9.8%