Meringue Kisses with Chocolate Drizzle
A deliciously light and crispy sweet treat that you can easily experiment with. For instance, try mint extract in place of the vanilla for a refreshing touch.
Servings: 24 merengues
- 3 large egg whites at room temperature
- Pinch table salt
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup superfine sugar
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate melted
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Beat egg whites in a large bowl on low speed until foamy. Add salt, cream of tartar, and vanilla extract and beat until the whites hold soft peaks. Slowly add sugar, beating on high until meringue is thick and glossy.
- Spoon 24 meringues onto baking sheets using a heaping tablespoon measure (pull up at the end to create a “kiss” shape). Bake for 90 minutes, turn heat off, and let meringues cool/dry completely in oven.
- Place melted chocolate into a small sandwich baggie, snip the corner, and drizzle chocolate over kisses. Let cool so chocolate hardens.
If you don’t have superfine sugar, you can process granulated sugar in a food processor to make it superfine. Kisses can be made up to 3 days before serving. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Calories: 963kcal | Carbohydrates: 181g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 591mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 171g | Calcium: 3.5% | Iron: 19.9%