These hearty, savory pita pockets are stuffed with gooey melted cheddar and tofu for a kick of protein. They're easy to make, delicious to eat and are a sneakily healthy option for breakfast or brunch.
- 4 small whole wheat pitas cut across top to open
- ¼ cup low fat mayonnaise
- 4 scallions coarsely chopped (white & light green section only)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes seeded & diced
- 1 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup extra firm tofu diced
Preheat oven to 350.Combine mayonnaise, scallions, mustard, salt, and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Fold in tomato, cheese, and tofu and scoop mixture into pitas. Bake pita pockets on a foil lined cookie sheet for 10 minutes, flipping once halfway, or until cheese melts and pitas are toasted.