Mediterranean Pizza w Cauliflower Crust
This delicious take on the usual carb-laden crust is going to revolutionize your at-home pizza game. Cauliflower and a handful of pantry ingredients makes for a delicious, fun-to-make base for feta, roasted peppers and Kalamata olives in this veggie-lovers pizza recipe.
Servings: 4 servings
- Olive oil cooking spray
- ½ large cauliflower cut into florets (~2 cups)
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp minced fresh oregano
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup roasted peppers rinsed, drained well, chopped
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 2 TB chopped scallions
- 1 TB chopped fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking pan with parchment. Coat with cooking spray and reserve.
- Pulse cauliflower florets in a food processor to the consistency of rice (Note: if you don’t have a food processor use a grater or chop finely with a knife.)
- Combine with remaining crust ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spoon into two 8” circles on prepared baking sheet and smooth with a spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until medium brown on the bottom and flip over. Bake for another 10 minutes or until evenly browned.
- Top pizza crusts evenly with toppings and return to oven for 5 minutes to warm through.
Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 1343mg | Potassium: 146mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 11.4% | Vitamin C: 21.4% | Calcium: 29.2% | Iron: 13.3%