Mango-Lime Soba Salad with Peanuts
A beautiful, sweetly tangy salad comes together in a colorful, crunchy combo of peppers, cucumbers, and carrots. The delicious lime vinaigrette and fresh mango make this soba dish a perfectly bright addition to any brunch or lunch menu.
Servings: 8 servings
- 8 oz package of soba noodles
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 red peppers cored, seeded, thinly sliced (~2 cups)
- 1 English cucumber halved lengthwise, seeded, cut into 2” julienne (~2 cups)
- 2 cups cooked shelled, edamame
- ½ cup fresh mint minced
- 4 scallions chopped (~2/3 cup)
- 1 large jalapeño pepper seeded and minced (~1/4 cup)
- 3 TB lime juice plus additional to taste
- 2 TB rice wine vinegar
- 2 TB sesame oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 large ripe mango peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup salted peanuts chopped
- Cook soba noodles in rapidly boiling salted water, according to package instructions (or approximately 7 minutes). Drain and rinse under cool water.
- In a large bowl, toss noodles with carrot, pepper, cucumber, edamame, mint, & scallions. In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, lime juice, sesame oil, sugar, salt, and garlic. Pour over salad and toss well. Garnish each serving with mango and peanut.
Calories: 1576kcal | Carbohydrates: 246g | Protein: 58g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 7380mg | Potassium: 3049mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 1042.4% | Vitamin C: 454.1% | Calcium: 35.4% | Iron: 67%