Mango-Lime Shrimp Salad
Malaysian-inspired flavors come together in this delicious shrimp salad with the combination of peanut, lime, mango, and mint. It's a pretty, light salad that looks beautiful served on whole romaine lettuce leaves.
- 1 lb peeled & cooked shrimp coarsely chopped (~ 2 cups)
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 2 TB minced fresh mint
- 2 tsp minced Serrano pepper ~ 1 pepper
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TB fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp lime zest
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 4 TB salted peanuts chopped
- Combine shrimp, mango, cucumber, mint, and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk together olive oil, lime juice/zest, salt, and sugar. Toss with shrimp mixture. Garnish each serving with 1 TB peanuts.
Purchasing pre-cooked shrimp is a great timesaver in this dish, but feel free to substitute leftover cooked shrimp. If you’d rather use raw shrimp, either steam them until pink and cooked through (time varies by size of shrimp), grill, or sauté them. Just be sure to chill the cooked shrimp well before coarsely chopping and tossing with the other ingredients.
Calories: 1586kcal | Carbohydrates: 188g | Protein: 117g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 1143mg | Sodium: 4865mg | Potassium: 854mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 128g | Vitamin A: 502.7% | Vitamin C: 83.3% | Calcium: 84.1% | Iron: 122.2%