Lemon Shrimp Skewers with Orzo & Broccoli
Transform basic orzo and broccoli into a delicious side dish for flavorful grilled shrimp skewers. What's better is that you can knock this one out in 20 minutes for an easy weeknight meal.
- 4 large or 8 small skewers
- 1 lb large peeled deveined shrimp (defrosted, if frozen)
- 1/2 cup orzo
- 1 - 10 oz package frozen chopped broccoli cooked to package directions and drained well
- 4 tsp olive oil divided
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice divided
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions or shallot
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/4 tsp garlic salt divided
- Cooking spray
- Place skewers in water to soak. Cook orzo in salted boiling water to al dente (according to package instructions). Drain well and combine with cooked broccoli. Stir in 2 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp lemon zest, feta cheese, scallions or shallot, dill and 3/4 tsp garlic salt. Set aside.
- Toss shrimp with remaining 3 tsp lemon juice, remaining 2 tsp olive oil, and remaining ½ tsp garlic salt. Thread evenly across skewers. Coat a grill pan or outdoor grill with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Cook skewers for 3-5 minutes per side or until shrimp are pink and cooked through. Serve shrimp over room temperature orzo.
This recipe works well with so-convenient frozen broccoli, but if you have fresh broccoli on hand just toss it in to cook with the orzo, drain together, and continue with the recipe. If you would rather not deal with the grill, just sauté the shrimp in a nonstick pan and toss in with the orzo to serve.