Lemon-Garlic Cauliflower Spread
Nutty, flavorful roasted cauliflower readily transforms into this rich and incredible hummus-like spread! Try it on sandwiches or as a dip for crudité.
Servings: 2 cups
- 8 cups cauliflower florets
- cooking spray
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cup low fat Greek yogurt
- ¼-1/3 cup warm water
- 1 TB lemon juice
- pinch cayenne
- Optional garnish: chopped fresh basil and toasted fennel seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line two baking pans with parchment paper. Spread cauliflower florets evenly across pans.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray and season with salt and fennel seed. Roast for 30-35 minutes or until cauliflower is browned, stirring and rotating pans halfway through cooking. Let cool.
- Purée cauliflower. olive oil, yogurt, lemon juice, and spices. Add ¼ cup water and puree. Add more water as needed to reach a smooth consistency.
- Serve garnished with optional chopped basil and toasted fennel seeds.
Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 1296mg | Potassium: 1196mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin C: 237.2% | Calcium: 13.3% | Iron: 10.4%