Leek Soup with Asparagus & Mint
This simple soup is the perfect combination of asparagus and leeks paired with mint. Give it a creamy finish with a bit of Greek yogurt.
- 4 lb asparagus
- 4 large leeks
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbs lemon juice more to taste
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbs minced fresh mint for garnish
- Trim asparagus and cut into 2” segments.Cut leeks lengthwise, rinse well, and cut white and light green parts into 2” chunks. Melt butter over medium heat in a large soup pot.
- Add leeks and cook, stirring often until softened (5 minutes). Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add asparagus and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes or until asparagus is soft. Working in batches, puree in a blender with salt, lemon juice, and yogurt.
- Serve garnished with mint.
If mint isn’t your thing, fresh tarragon or chives would be great substitutes