Layered Mini Lemon Parfaits with Blueberry Compote
Make these rich and tangy parfaits for a tasty dessert for your next brunch or summer BBQ. They pair a vanilla crust with a rich lemony filling and so-simple fresh blueberry topping for a perfect treat.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp salted butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup vanilla wafer crumbs (12 wafers coarsely crushed)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries divided
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Combine condensed milk and egg yolks in a small heavy bottomed sauce pan. Heat over medium low heat and whisk continually until mixture begins to boil (~5 mins). Stir in butter and lemon juice. Pour into a shallow bowl and let chill in refrigerator. Fold in yogurt until just combined.
- Combine ½ cup blueberries, ginger, and sugar in a small glass bowl. Cover and microwave for 1 minute or until berries begin to burst. Stir in remaining ½ cup berries. Chill well.
- When ready to serve, line up 8 (2 oz) shot glasses. In each shot glass layer 1 TB cookie crumbs, 2 heaping TB lemon filling, and top with 1 TB blueberry-ginger compote.