Lose Your Shoes Margaritas
These margaritas are the perfect excuse to kick off your shoes to hit the beach or the dance floor. They're so tasty, and sneakily strong, you just might forget to put those shoes back on!
Servings: 8 margaritas
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 whole lime zested and cut into wedges
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups high quality Resposado tequila
- 4 cups Triple Sec
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- Stir together lime juice, lemon juice, sugar, and lime zest and let sit for a half hour or so for sugar to dissolve. When ready to serve mix juices with tequila and triple sec in a large pitcher.
- Pour salt onto a wide flat plate. Rub rims of margarita or martini glasses with lime wedges and dip in salt to coat. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, pour margarita mixture over and shake to chill. Pour into salt-rimmed glasses and serve immediately.
- To serve a crowd, chill the pitcher and let guests serve themselves into small glasses over ice.
If you want an oakier or darker flavored margarita, you can use an inexpensive Anejo tequila. Don’t use high end Anejo - it’s a waste of great tequila!