Jalapeño Poppers w Crunchy Nacho Topping
Who's party has boring apps? With this amazing recipe, it's definitely "nacho" party! These treats feature creamy cheese, smoky chorizo, and hot jalapeño ... a fun, healthier twist on regular poppers that will have all your guests coming back for more!
Servings: 12 poppers
- 6 large jalapeños halved lengthwise and seeded
- ¼ cup reduced fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 3 oz link pre-cooked chicken chorizo sausage minced
- 1 TB chopped scallion
- 1 small bag nacho cheese chips crushed to crumbs
- Preheat broiler and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place jalapeños cut side down and broil for 3-5 minutes, or until they begin to brown. Combine cream cheese, chicken chorizo, and scallion.
- Flip jalapeños over and stuff each with 1 TB filling.
- Top with nacho cheese chip crumbs.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees and bake for 5 minutes to heat through.
Calories: 12kcal | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 29mg | Vitamin A: 2.2% | Vitamin C: 10.2% | Calcium: 0.8% | Iron: 0.1%