Italian Tomato Bisque w Roasted Peppers
Creamy tomato bisque gets its burst of flavor from traditional Italian spices and roasted red peppers. Serve it alongside your favorite grilled cheese for a hearty, homey comfort meal.
Servings: 8 servings
- Cooking Spray
- 1 ½ cups chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups chopped fennel
- 1 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 32 oz can diced San Marzano tomatoes
- 4 cups chopped roasted peppers
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 5 basil leaves additional for garnish
- ¼ cup non fat Greek yogurt
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Coat a large soup pot with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add onion, fennel, and 1 tsp salt and cook, stirring frequently, for 7-10 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Stir in garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, roasted peppers, chicken broth, and basil leaves.
- Increase heat to high to bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 10 minutes for flavors to meld.
- Add yogurt and purée soup using an immersion blender (or in batches in a regular blender).
- Serve garnished with chopped basil and parsley.
Calories: 75kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Sodium: 1776mg | Potassium: 611mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 13.2% | Vitamin C: 62.8% | Calcium: 9.9% | Iron: 13.7%