Italian Fennel-Roasted Pepper Salad w Kalamata Olives & Parmesan
Fennel and Roasted Pepper pair perfectly in this Italian-inspired salad. Topped with a zesty balsamic vinaigrette and shaved Parmesan cheese, it's sure to be a big hit as a side for dinner or, try topping it with some grilled shrimp and serve it as a hearty entrée.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 6 cups arugula
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced fennel
- 1 cup chopped roasted peppers
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 16 kalamata olives thinly sliced
- 3 TB chopped basil for garnish
- ¼ cup minced shallot
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 TB warm water
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp olive oil
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Whisk together Balsamic Vinaigrette ingredients. Top arugula with fennel and roasted peppers. Drizzle with vinaigrette and garnish with Parmesan, olives, and basil.
Add 5 oz grilled shrimp. Spray lightly with olive oil cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Grill until firm.
Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 1350mg | Potassium: 314mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 23.1% | Vitamin C: 30.4% | Calcium: 17.1% | Iron: 7.4%