Instant Pot Classic Turkey Chili
It couldn’t be easier or speedier to make delicious, thick, and hearty chili in the Instant Pot. Pressure cooking helps the flavors develop quickly in this lightened up take on the classic. Any leftovers (if you somehow have any!) freeze beautifully too.
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 lg onion diced
- 1 poblano or green pepper finely chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TB minced garlic
- 2 TB tomato paste
- 2 TB ancho or regular chili powder
- 1 TB cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 TB coriander
- 1 15 oz can tomato puree
- 1 15 oz can fire roasted or regular diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup beer or chicken broth
- 2, 15 oz cans of kidney or black beans rinsed & drained
- 2 TB lime juice
- Optional garnishes pickled jalapenos, diced onion, sliced scallion, shredded cheese, sliced olives, salsa, hot sauce, crushed tortilla chips
- Set Instant Pot to Saute High and add olive oil. Add onion, poblano, turkey, and salt and cook, stirring frequently until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables have softened. Hit Cancel to turn Saute off. Add remaining ingredients, seal lid, and set to Pressure Cook High for 15 minutes. When cook time is done, allow to slow release. Stir in lime juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with optional garnishes.
Chef Tips: Feel free to swap in spicier peppers or chili powders to give this dish more of a kick or even ground beef for the turkey for a more traditional chili. This dish is also fantastic to make ahead for a party! Just rewarm on Slow Cook directly in your Instant Pot, serve with a fun fixings bar, and your work is done.
Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 462mg | Potassium: 887mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 21.8% | Vitamin C: 33.5% | Calcium: 6.9% | Iron: 24.3%