Individual Sweet Potato Gratins with Brown Butter Sage Topping
Make these mini gratins in a muffin pan for an adorable presentation at the table. Sage pairs perfectly with the sweet potatoes in this sophisticated, lightly sweet side.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 TB heavy cream
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- Brown Butter Sage Topping
Brown Butter Sage Topping
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp minced fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Whisk together chicken stock, heavy cream, and kosher salt. Toss potatoes thoroughly in mixture to coat. Layer 4-5 sweet potato slices in each muffin cup. Drizzle remaining liquid over each gratin. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes or until tops are browned.
- While gratins roast, prepare brown butter sage topping. Heat butter on medium low in a small non-stick skillet. Add sage and salt and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently or until butter begins to brown. Remove from heat and reserve. When gratins are ready to serve, top each evenly with brown butter sage topping.