Individual Apple-Baked Pies
Do you know what happens when you cross delicious baked apples with everyone’s favorite pie? These adorable mini desserts! Apple pie filling in a hollowed out apple bakes up beautifully while a gorgeous lattice pie crust topping provides wow factor. Try serving these at your next dinner party and prepare for raves.
Servings: 8 servings
- 8 large Granny Smith or Honeycrisp apples
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup apple cider
- 1 TB maple syrup
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut a thin slice across the top and bottom of each apple so it stands upright and you expose the core.
- Use a melon baller to core and discard tough center of apple and seeds. Continue to gently scoop out apple flesh from each apple leaving a ¼” shell. Reserve scooped out apple flesh on a cutting board and coarsely chop.
- Toss chopped apple with sugar and cinnamon and place mixture evenly inside hollowed out apples. Place apples in a large baking dish with room in between.
- Combine cider and maple syrup and drizzle evenly across all apples.
- To top apples:
- Roll out pie crust to a 12” by 12” square (or use your fingers to gently stretch out from the middle into a large square shape. Divide crust into 4 even quarters. Halve each quarter widthwise and slice into 6 even strips (you’ll have 48 total strips when done – 6 for each apple).
- On a lightly floured work surface, weave 3 strips by 3 strips into a small 3” square lattice. Use a spatula to gently place lattice on top of prepared apple and press lightly to secure edges. Repeat with remaining 7 lattices.
- Bake apples for 25-30 minutes or until tender and crust is beginning to brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Calories: 254kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 246mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 2% | Vitamin C: 10.1% | Calcium: 3.2% | Iron: 5%