Indian-Spiced Chicken Kabobs
Tasty yogurt marinade gives amazing flavor to basic chicken skewers. Serve it over basmati rice with a tomato and cucumber salad or tuck it in a pita for a delicious sandwich.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 frozen chicken breasts defrosted and cut into 1" cubes
- 2 10" skewers
- Cooking spray
- Whisk together yogurt, salt, vinegar, oil, and spices. Add chicken cubes and marinate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight. Thread cubes on skewers. Spray a grill or grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Grill skewers for 10 minutes total (turning several during cooking to evenly brown).
If you don’t have time to defrost the chicken breasts simply marinate whole frozen breasts overnight. Bake in a 375 oven on a foil lined, greased cookie sheet for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
Calories: 639kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 112g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 294mg | Sodium: 323mg | Potassium: 1161mg | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1.4% | Calcium: 23.3% | Iron: 30.5%