Hot Buttered Rum-Coffee
This cozy treat is a perfect way to end a holiday meal. The flavors of hot buttered rum with a dollop of homemade whipped cream create a winter warmer that takes after dinner coffee up a notch. It would also be great in front of the fireplace after a snowball fight or an evening of caroling.
- 6 cups hot coffee 48 oz
- 1 1/2 cups butterscotch schnapps
- 1 cup light cream or half and half
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 3 tbs dark brown sugar
- Garnish: cinnamon
- Combine Hot Buttered Rum Coffee ingredients in a large thermal carafe.
- Serve in small mugs or Irish coffee glasses topped with a dollop of my Buttered Rum-Spiked Whipped Cream and a dusting of cinnamon.
The recipe for Buttered Rum-Spiked Whipped Cream is in the Dips, Dressings & Lil Extras category.