Honeydew Granitas with Mint
Granitas are a simple-to-make summer treat - and when you use naturally sweet and juicy seasonal fresh fruit (or flash frozen) no extra sugar is needed! A touch of citrus juice or zest brightens up the flavor while herbs lend a fun twist.
Servings: 6 servings
- ½ honeydew melon peeled & cut into chunks (6 cups)
- 1 TB lime juice
- 3 TB chopped fresh mint additional for garnish.
- Purée honeydew and lime juice, then add mint and pulse to just combine.
- Pour into a pie plate or 9” square pan. Freeze for 30 minutes and then stir frozen bits into center.
- Continue to stir and scrape frozen fruit from edges to center every 30 mins until granita is completely frozen, ~ 4hours.
Calories: 39kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Sodium: 19mg | Potassium: 243mg | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1.7% | Vitamin C: 24.5% | Calcium: 0.8% | Iron: 1.2%