Grilled Radicchio with Lemony Caesar
Bring out radicchio's nutty flavor and softer side with a quick turn on the grill. This updated take on a classic Caesar salad is sure to impress your guests at summer barbecues.
Servings: 8 servings
- 8 small heads radicchio
- olive oil cooking spray
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 batch Lemony Caesar Dressing
- 1/2 cup capers rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh shaved Parmesan
- 3 TB minced parsley
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray. Remove browned leaves from radicchio and halve through core, leaving intact. Spray cut surface with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper.
- Place capers in a small baking pan and coat with cooking spray. Place directly on grill and cook capers for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until capers are lightly browned and crispy.
- Add radicchio to grill cut side down and cook for 2-3 minutes or until lightly charred. Flip and grill an additional 1-2 minutes or until slightly softened. Remove from grill and brush cut sides with balsamic vinegar.
- Serve 2 halves radicchio per person drizzled with 1 TB dressing, 1 TB shaved Parmesan, and 1 TB capers.
You can also coarsely chop grilled radicchio and toss with dressing to simplify serving and eating. Get the recipe for my Creamy Lemony Caesar Dressing in Dips, Dressings and Little Extras.