Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon
Lend a delicately smoky flavor to grilled salmon with a soaked cedar plank. This mostly hands-off technique is a super cool way to grill fish without it sticking. The savory spice rub is a perfect pair to all your BBQ faves.
Servings: 8 fillets
- 8 6 oz skinless salmon filets
- 2 cedar planks soaked in water for at least one hour or up to three
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish
- 2 TB brown sugar
- 1 TB kosher salt
- 4 tsp ancho chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp granulated garlic found in the spice aisle
- ½ tsp pepper
- Combine all spice rub ingredients in a small bowl. When ready to cook, spread spice rub evenly across all sides of salmon filets. Heat a gas or charcoal grill over high heat.
- Place soaked cedar planks on grate for 3 minutes. Flip over and place salmon directly on plank. Cover and cook for 12-15 minutes or until salmon is cooked through. Remove from plank, garnish with chives, and serve.
Cedar planks can be hand-washed and reused until charred. For a fun party option you can also prepare 2, 24 oz sides of skinless salmon and cook the same way (adjust cooking time to allow the center to cook through.)
Calories: 708kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 81g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 218mg | Sodium: 7300mg | Potassium: 2261mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 53% | Vitamin C: 8.2% | Calcium: 14.6% | Iron: 42.9%