Grilled Cauliflower Burgers w Raita Spread
Tandoori grilled cauliflower burgers are satisfying and delicious with cucumber raita spread. Curry gives these patties the perfect touch of flavor that creates savory burgers even your biggest carnivores will adore.
Servings: 4 burgers
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1 TB olive oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 “Everything” flavored sandwich thins toasted
- 4 large pieces red leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup low fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup peeled chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 2 TB chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp minced ginger
- pinch cayenne pepper
To make Cucumber Raita:
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 1 day ahead.
To make burgers:
- Trim leaves from cauliflower and cut into quarters, cutting through the center/core. Cut each quarter into 2 “steaks”, keeping center core intact.
- Mix together olive oil, curry powder, salt, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Toss all 8 cauliflower “steaks” in mixture to coat.
- Coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat. Cook cauliflower “steaks” for 4-5 minutes per side or until charred and fork tender.
- To assemble burgers, place one leaf lettuce on sandwich thin and arrange 2 steaks to fit. Top with Cucumber Raita and serve immediately.
Calories: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 606mg | Potassium: 121mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2.1% | Vitamin C: 17.7% | Calcium: 4.4% | Iron: 2.7%