Grilled Asparagus Salad with Oranges & Gorgonzola
With beautiful spring asparagus and fresh peas, this salad incorporates orange and gorgonzola cheese for a delicious flavor combination. Try it with your favorite white wine vinaigrette.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 lb fresh asparagus tough ends trimmed
- ¼ tsp table salt
- 1 head red-leaf lettuce leaves torn, washed, and dried ~ 6 cups
- 3/4 cup fresh baby peas
- 3/4 cup thin sliced red onion
- 2 large navel oranges segmented and segments halved, membrane reserved
- ¼ cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Spray asparagus with cooking spray and sprinkle with ¼ tsp table salt.Grill asparagus on an outdoor grill or using a grill pan on high for 5-6 minutes or until lightly charred and softened.Allow to cool to room temperature and cross-slice into 1” pieces.
- Either toss all ingredients together to serve (squeezing juice from orange membrane on top) or plate each salad individually with 1 cup of lettuce, a heaping ¼ cup of asparagus sections, 1/8 cup baby peas, 1/8 cup onion, and 6 orange pieces.Squeeze orange membrane over each and garnish each plate with 2 tsp gorgonzola cheese.Drizzle plate with 1 tsp vinaigrette.
If you can’t find fresh baby peas, feel free to substitute defrosted (uncooked) frozen baby peas.
Calories: 420kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 993mg | Potassium: 1718mg | Fiber: 21g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 5245IU | Vitamin C: 234.4mg | Calcium: 406mg | Iron: 11.7mg