Greek Shrimp & Rice Bowls
One of the keys to sticking with a healthy eating resolution is to plan ahead to cook more meals at home. My filling and flavorful Greek Shrimp & Rice Bowls are the perfect solution! They’re wonderful to make-ahead “meal prep style” for at-work lunches and are also an easy, speedy weeknight supper. They're equally delicious chilled or warm – plus pantry staples seriously slash prep time.
Servings: 4 bowls
- 8.5 oz precooked brown rice pouch cooked according to package instructions
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1 lb poached or grilled shrimp
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced roasted peppers
- 1 cup quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 cup canned chickpeas
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 4 tsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tsp warm water
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- Line up 4 medium bowls or storage containers.
- Evenly divide ingredients across all 4 bowls in even piles. Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients and drizzle evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle with optional garnishes.
To make this even lower calorie and lower in carbs just swap in 2 cups of cauliflower rice for the brown rice. If your store doesn’t sell cauliflower rice, you can easily make your own by grating a head of cauliflower or pulsing florets in a food processor. Always keep a bag of pre-cooked frozen shrimp on hand. Just run under cool water for a few minutes to defrost and they’re ready to enjoy!
Calories: 353kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 285mg | Sodium: 1721mg | Potassium: 420mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2400IU | Vitamin C: 40.8mg | Calcium: 228mg | Iron: 4.4mg