Greek Salad with Asparagus, Peas, Feta & Farro
A welcome addition at any picnic or as a light supper, this Greek inspired salad is delicious as is or served topped with grilled shrimp or chicken.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup farro
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 lb asparagus trimmed and cut into 1” segments
- ¾ cup frozen or fresh baby peas
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TB chopped fresh dill
- 1 ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- ¼ cup light feta cheese
- 2 TB chopped scallions
- Combine farro, ¼ tsp kosher salt, and water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 13 minutes. Add asparagus and peas, cover, and continue to cook for an additional 7 minutes or until farro and veggies are tender. Drain any remaining water and let farro cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together olive oil, dill, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Toss with farro mixture. Serve each portion topped with feta cheese and scallions.
If dill isn’t your thing, fresh mint, parsley or chives would be great substitutes in this dish.
Calories: 1113kcal | Carbohydrates: 192g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 2226mg | Potassium: 1741mg | Fiber: 46g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 90.8% | Vitamin C: 89.4% | Calcium: 39.6% | Iron: 91.9%