Greek Salad w Feta, Kalamata Olives, & Vinaigrette
Conjure up the flavors of the Greek Isles with this bright, fresh salad with feta, Kalamata olives, and a tangy red wine vinaigrette. A great side for a wide variety of entrées, you can also add a bit of grilled chicken to serve this salad as a meal unto itself!
Servings: 4 servings
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 16 kalamata olives pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup sliced scallion
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup minced shallot
- ¼ cup chopped dill
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 TB warm water
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp olive oil
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Toss together romaine, tomatoes and cucumber. Drizzle with dressing and garnish with olives, feta, and scallion.
Optional: Add 3 oz grilled chicken. Spray thin sliced chicken cutlet lightly with olive oil cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Grill until firm and cooked through. Slice thinly and top salad.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 861mg | Potassium: 480mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 144% | Vitamin C: 22.8% | Calcium: 10.8% | Iron: 8.9%