Greek-Inspired Chicken Burgers
Super tasty Greek yogurt sauce gives simple grilled chicken burgers lots of flavor. Tuck them into a pita with shredded lettuce and serve with hot sauce to kick up the heat!
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup peeled seeded diced cucumber
- 1 plum tomato seeded diced (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 chicken burgers I use Foster Farms
- 2 in whole wheat pitas cuthalf widthwise
- 1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 tbsp crumbled low fat feta cheese
- Combine yogurt, cucumber, tomato, onion, lemon juice, garlic salt, dill, and cayenne in a small bowl. Spray an outdoor grill or grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken burgers with salt and pepper and grill for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove burgers to a plate and cut into quarters. Fill each pita pocket half with 1/4 cup romaine lettuce, 2 pieces chicken burger, drizzle with Greek yogurt sauce, and garnish with feta cheese.