Grapefruit Gin Fizzes with Rosemary Simple Syrup
This classy cocktail uses rosemary-syrup to add an herbal twist to grapefruit and gin for a perfect flavor combination. A sparkling white wine float adds the fizz, making it an ideal concoction for any celebration.
- 1 cup water
- 5 long sprigs fresh rosemary plus additional for garnish
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 1/3 cup gin
- 1 cup sparkling wine
- Combine water, rosemary sprigs, and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Strain and discard the rosemary. Chill rosemary-syrup until ready to use.
- Fill a cocktail shaker half full of ice. Add ½ cup grapefruit juice, 1/3 cup gin and 2 TB rosemary-syrup. Shake well and strain into two champagne flutes.
- Top each with a 2 TB float of sparkling wine. Repeat 3 more times to make all 8 cocktails.
Rosemary-syrup will keep chilled in the fridge for several weeks. This recipe makes enough syrup for several cocktails.